Q: What is a freight forwarder?

A: A freight forwarder, forwarder, or forwarding agent, also known as a non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC), is a person or company that organizes shipments for individuals or corporations to get goods from the manufacturer or producer to a market, customer or final point of distribution.[1] Forwarders contract with a carrier or often multiple carriers to move the goods. A forwarder does not move the goods but acts as an expert in the logistics network. These carriers can use a variety of shipping modes, including ships, airplanes, trucks, and railroads, and often multiple modes for a single shipment. For example, the freight forwarder may arrange to have cargo moved from a plant to an airport by truck, flown to the destination city, then moved from the airport to a customer’s building by another truck.

International freight forwarders typically handle international shipments. have additional expertise in preparing and processing customs and other documentation and performing activities pertaining to international shipments.

Information typically reviewed by a freight forwarder includes the commercial invoice, shipper’s export declaration, bill of lading and other documents required by the carrier or country of export, import, and/or transshipment. Much of this information is now processed in a paperless environment.

Q: What should I do if I want to export something for first time?

A: You will be required to fill an application form and prepare documents to submit to the Customs Department as below.

Ordinary person

  • Copy of identification card
  • Copy of registered address

Juristic person or Company

  • Copy of Certificate or company affidavit (update within 3 months)
  • 2 Copy of Value added Tax certificate (PP 20)
  • Copy of directors’ identification card (as named in the certification)
  • Copy of directors’ registered address (as named in the certification)
  • Copy of seal registration (BAJ 3)

Q: Where should I contract to make the exporter registration, in case of plant ?


  1. Customs Department : For exporter registration
  2. Department of Agriculture : For the plant quarantine documents or Phyto.

Q: Do TMT provide the truck services?

A: Yes, we do. We got 4, 6 and 10 wheels trucks available in both general and the temperature control, all certify by Q-mark. The price rate will depend on the distance of pick up point.